cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector Memory management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP BC 4.7 . I had developed few services under a package. After few days I noticed that a record under a service vanished automatically. And this happens often. After analysing I came to conclusion that it might be happening due to memory overload problem. When i checked through Administrator login in the server statistics, it shows used memory: 98%.

I tried resetting cache and also restarting server. But there was not much difference.

Queries:

1. Whether this is really related to memory.

2. How to reduce used memory and increase free memory.

3. Anyother suggestion relating to same.

4. Do i need to any specific configuration on server side.

Please do reply. This is sort of urgent so usefull reply would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Siddhesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Sorry for my late response. I'm in Christmas holidays.

Business Connector have many problems with memory management.

Virtual machine don't free the server memory. Your problem of record vanished it's very usual, I don't know if it's a memory problem but it could be the root cause.

Queues:

1. I don't know. The server allways crashed when it not have enough memory and the caches was inconsistent

2. For reduce the use of memory, the first thing that you could make will be creating a java service where you call to garbage collector, then you must to create a job who call to this service every five minutes.

In all java services you must to assign null value for all objects at the end of the implementation. Be carefull whith the values of pipeline.

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I understand that the memory management issue can be unpredictable , but how does these services get deleted automatically.

After further analysing i have understood that actually the services are not getting deleted. They are still present under the respective folder in the <sapbc>\server\packages\<package name>\ns path on server (i mean the respective xml files of the service).

Also i was able to retrive the flow for the deleted service by doing some workaround and copy paste technique in the server. But the question still remains that,

"Why were those services not visible through developer, although they were actually present under package."

Regards

Siddhesh

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pephars the XMLs for services description have been deleted cause the server crash.

Could you check if the XMLs files in services directory? or

Have the XML files the correct structure? (They must not be empty)

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I dont think that there is any problem with the xml structure, as i used the same xml files to retrive the services. Further this "Out of Memory" problem is creating a lot of problems as I am not able to export my packages to take backup.

Do you have any idea how can i increase the memory allocated for BC ? ( i think some parameter needs to be set from server side ). Even if the used memory stands at 88% still it gives out of memory problem. Also i tried to bring it down by deleting the logs... but still not much difference.

Any input from your side regarding the same would very helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to set the parameter set JAVA_MAX_MEM=256M in <sapbc>/server/bin/server.bat file. Try to restart business connector.

Probably check the memory size of your server. If it is 2GB RAM or so then you can increase the maximum memory size to almost 512 or 1 GB and see the changes in the operation.

Answers (0)