Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with IDOC TO FILE Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing IDOC TO FILE Scenario.

I have done all the configuration.I have cretaed RFC,PORT,LS and Partner profile at both R/3 and

XI Side.

when I am trying to generate IDOC using we19 and I put the r/3 port,partner in sender and XI

port and partner in receiver it gives me error as "Port 'SAPCU6_100' does not exist in the table

of port descriptions.

Please help me.....

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

Where did you get the error?? in R3 or XI ???

Nimrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod,

I m getting this error in R3 when I am tto generate idoc in we19.

this port exist in XI and the RFC is also working

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have u checked the port which is configured in R3....I think the transaction is WE20 or WE21...just check the prot there...

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chirag,

I have created a port in idx1 but that is not there in idx2.

is it ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have u checked the port at the R3 end...and also at the XI end...IDX2 transaction is used for uploading the IDOC metadata. can u please check whether the IDOC metadata is loaded or not in IDX2 transaction...

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saras,

First of all since your scenarion is IDOC to File and therefore there is no need to create the port & RFC destination at XI end. Only R/3 side port and RFC will require (which will point to XI).

< have created a port in idx1 but that is not there in idx2.>

Now coming to your ques. IDX1 is used to create the port in XI & IDX2 is used to load the metadata in XI, so in IDX2 you won't be able to see the port (which you are trying to see). )

What you can do is, check the port & RFC destination which you have created in R/3. RFC destination should point to XI and you should be able to connect to XI without any error by pressing the Remote connection button in SM59.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

but my port created in xi using idx1 is not visible in idx2 then how can I for idoc metadata?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saras,

Please go through the below weblog which has all the stpes which is required for ur scenario...I think screen by screen help u to debug ur problem and it will help u to find out the msitake which u have made.

File To IDOC - Part1 (SLD and Design):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC&

File To IDOC - Part2 (Configuration):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part2+(Configuration)&

File To IDOC - Part3 (Steps required in XI and R3):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part3(StepsrequiredinXIandR3)&

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what I said, you won't be able to see it, to use it you have to Key in (type it manually).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I forgot ur scenario is IDOC to File..not the reverse one...

As sarvesh said u first check the RFC and the port at the R3 end.

Do let me know he outcome of the same.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

My RFC is working fine.

u said tht I dnt need any port & RFC destination at XI end then how can I post my idoc.Can u tell me the step by step procedure for that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

IDOC will not be posted but it will be send out from R3 to XI.....I hope u r doing the IDOC to FILE scenario....

Just for ur information can u please check ur configuration once again with the below weblog:

ALE configuration for pushing idocs from SAP to XI

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, tell me which IDOC you are going to send to XI system?

Since you are tesing it from tesing tool WE19, therefore you will require the receiver port (which you have created in R/3 and which points to XI) just give the port number, Partner No, Part Type, Message Type. Don't worry about the Sender port.

So after filling the control record, just press the Std Outbound processing button and see what you are getting.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

after doing all these steps I am getting the error which I have mention in my problem.

I am sending FLCUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and one more thing when I am tring to insert my idoc manually

in idx2 its not taking my RFC giving error as"RFC destination not fount for port SAPCU6_100" though my RFC is working fine.

I am able to remotely login in R/3 system and the name of the rfc given in port is also correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the CLIENT No which you are using for this port?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recheck the port 'SAPCU6_100' again if it exists. Also check the RFC which you are using inside this port is working fine or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

saras here are few listed below links regarding port configuration

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/07/25/reposting-idocs-instead-of-recreating--for-testing-purpose-xi

I hope this will give atleast some hint.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can u please check what is the port u have maintained in IDX1 transaction of XI.

Thnx

Chirag