Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver mail channel - population of the mail body

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement as follows :

I need to populate the mail body (not attachment) with a text which depends on a condition. That means, if the mapping transformation for a target field value is X, populate Text1 in the mail body and if the value is Y, populate Text2.

I need to accomplish this without a mail package option and the other mail channel details such as From, To and subject should be configured in the channel in Int directory (not dynamically). Only the body of the email should be changing depending on a mapping value obtained for a target field.

My question is

1. How to accomplish this ?

2. In the simplest case, how to populate the email body without mail package dynamically ?

I appreciate your reply.

Regards

Nagaraj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Check these Blogs ,sure they will help you....

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

Propritery files

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/06/07/property-file-a-smart-use-in-xi-context

With Regards,

BVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the mapping transformation for a target field value is X, populate Text1 in the mail body and if the value is Y, populate Text2.

I didnt understood how u are checking the value whether it is X or Y.

Is this value coming from the source end.....if yes then what u can do is...

Root node with have either X value or Y value,under that root node crerate the child element as text1 and text2.

Now check in the mapping whether the value is coming as X or Y and map the output to text1 or text2 to target element ....depends upon the comparision.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for the reply. However, my main question is not on how to populate text1 or text2 in message mapping. My question is how to populate the email body using receiver email channel if we are NOT using mail package.

You can answer for the two questions as

1. How to populate a STATIC text in the email body in the receiver email channel ?

2. How to populate a DYNAMIC text in the email body in the receiver email channel.

In both the above cases, i don't want to use mail package.

I appreciate your quick reponse.

Thanks again.

Regards

Nagaraj