cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populating a Input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we give the vendor no ,the vendor name sholud be automatically populated in the corresponding input field.I am writing the query on the on enter event of vendor no .But, the vendor name is coming only after the user presses the enter key.

i want it to be populated immediately after entering the vendor no.(with out pressing the enter key).

Regards,

Charumathi.B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi charumathi.......

this thing cannot be done as you say....

one option is that...

have a timer such that inside that method it should check for the value in the input field and fill the other correspondingly.

so give the interval as 10 seconds.

so for every 10 seconds it checks for this value and displays the value as you wish.

---regards,

alex b justin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

I do had a similar requirement from one of my old client. But I tactfully avoided this requirement by asking him to show the same @ SAP Transaction level. Then he himself realized that without any action, we cannot perform anything and agreed to go ahead with ENTER Action.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charumathi,

I will tell a suggestion for your requirement.

For entering the vendor number , put a drop down and on selction of a perticular vendor number you can fill vendor name on the input field. you can write code to populate inputfield on the onselect event of drop down.

doing any action just by entering a value without pressing enter is not possible.

Regards

Sarath