cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDX2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an idoc imported into XI. Later that IDOC was updated in R/3. I've imported the updated IDOC again into XI which replaces the earlier one.

Now after the IDOC import to XI, I was asked to delete the IDOC design in IDX2.

Please clarify me, why should I do this? What does it mean? And do I need to provide the details of updated IDOC in IDX2?

Waiting for your replies....

Thanks and Regards

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Login to XI system run tcode IDX2, now find your desired IDoc and delete it and then again load it. You have to do this because your IDoc in R/3 has been changed that means you should have the updated IDOC metadata in XI also.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

IDX1:for maintaining the port thro' which IDoc metadata will be coming to XI.

IDX2:View metadata,Delete metadata.

u delete the metadata using IDX2.but u neednot relaod it.If port is already maintained ...once u send the updated IDOC

from R/3 to XI.. updated metadata will be automatically saved.

I guess it can't overwrite the metadata.thats why we have to manually delete the old metadata.

Hope u r lil bit clear!!!

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

IDX2 is the meta-data that IDoc adapter uses to convert data from native IDoc format to XML format and vice-versa. Hence if u enhance IDoc at R3 side, IDX2 updates the meta-data which allows IDoc adapter to create XML message out of it.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

IDX2 is for metadata, as it should contain the latest data. and thus u should be updateing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDX2 is the transcation which loads the IDOC metadata in XI...If u have changed the IDOC then u need to load the changed IDOC metadata again....

Thnx

Chirag