cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Render Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While I'm running an Web Dynpro Application using Interactive Form, I'm getting the following error message:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: ADS Render Exception occured. Append "sap-wd-errorPdf=true" to the URL and access the application once again. This time you will get an error PDF. Save the error PDF on the file system. This is a helpful attachment in case of an OSS message.

com.adobe.ProcessingError: No output was generated while rendering

The render error log file has been written to E:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global
AdobeDocumentServices\renderErrorLog\errorFiles\2007.12.26.120942com.hcl.ads.app.ADSTestAppSAPServiceC11.pdf.

Please validate the input files or streams attached with it and try again

Exception Stack Trace:

com.adobe.ProcessingError: No output was generated while rendering

The render error log file has been written to E:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global
AdobeDocumentServices\renderErrorLog\errorFiles\2007.12.26.120942com.hcl.ads.app.ADSTestAppSAPServiceC11.pdf.

Please validate the input files or streams attached with it and try again

But the ADS configuration test report running perfectly. Can anybody help me to solve this error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

hope that our experiences are helpful to you

1. turn on the trace function in sfp, it will log everything in detail into a txt file while print it in sfp, which is very helpful

2. fonts could cause rendering error

3. server side cache could be another suspect, you may turn it off in the form builder->menu->properties->performance.

good luck.

br.

jun

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like your ADS is not running fine....

FIRSTLY you need to have the credential file installed correctly....

SECOND you have to find out that the ADS service is running alright...

Please follow the following steps: Please check the installation of ADS

1. Enter the following URL in your web browser:

http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config

where <server> is the name of the J2EE engine where the Adobe document services are installed and <port> is the port of the J2EE engine.

Note that the entries in the URL are case-sensitive.

2. The web page of the web service AdobeDocumentServices is displayed. Choose Test.

3. Choose rpdata(test.…) .

4. Choose the Send button without entering any parameters.

5. Enter the user name and password as given in the configuration steps(as in configuration guide- User:ADSUser) .

6. Choose Submit.

If the configuration is correct, you get the information about the Version number in the response area.

Please confirm the ADS version and WAS information

regards,

-Ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using WAS7.0 SP07 and ADS Version is same as well. That test rpdata is running perfectly. But it showing "pdf document not found".

When I'm deploying any simple application, it giving the same rendering exception.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

can you give me a brief description of what you are doing in the appliacation and if you are using navigation...

regards,

-Ag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The application I'm deploying is a simple Web Dynpro application with Interactive Form containing only one input field for testing purpose. The application does nothing else. I just want to view the pdf with that input field only, to test the ADS.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there must be some problem with you ADS/credential configuration.

also sometimes there are problems when the credential expires.

get a fresh one from the following link...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/500e7034-d86d-2a10-7481-b46a67b8...

at the bottom there is one link "credential and password"...

click to get the one good till feb 08.

regards,

-Ag.