cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 ITS communication problem the web server extension Wgate failed to ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

500 ITS communication problem the web server extension Wgate failed to receive a response from the ITS web service

ITS running on Windows 2003 server with IIS 6.0.

Has anyone had this problem?

What was the solution if you had this problem before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found a situation where this ITS 500 comes up.

you propably mixed up the AGate and Mappingmanager port.

Please check

PortAGate e.g. sapavw00_IT1

PortMManager e.g. sapavwmm_IT1

on both sides

Wgate (ItsRegistryWGATE.xml) and

Agate (ItsRegistry<instance>.xml)

And verify that the ports are equal on both sides in case of dual host; if logical names are used then verify the portnumbers in "services".

In case of multiprocess agate make sure there is a gap between sapavw00_IT1 (e.g. 3900) and sapavwmm_IT1 (e.g. 3910).

Furthermore make sure that the range e.g. 3900-3910 is not taken by some other process listening on these ports.

Regards,

Fekke

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having problems with my ITS. This is a dual host installation running on IIS6.0. We first installed the <SID> instance on AGate host then proceeded to install with the install on Wgate. We then installed the ADM instance as well. Though the installation said successful, when we try to do a test with http://localhost:1080/scripts/wgate/its_ping/! we get a "500 ITS Error. The initialization of the web server extension (WGate) failed! Please check the trace file for further information.

This is weird. There are no files generated in the ..\Wgate\trace folders. We tried to access the URL with hostname, FQDN, IP address but still doesnt work. We checked the ports, registry files on both Wgate and AGate servers and they match. There are no firewall blockings between the servers as we are able to successfully telnet the ports being used.

Can somebody please help me out??

Thanks!!

Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fahad,

Are you able to resolve the issue.. I am also experiencing the same issue..getting the ITS 500 error..if you have some insight about it...please help me out.

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fekke,

Thank you much!

I checked the WGATE trace files and there were timeout errors in the QA server and the production server.

I will check all the other items you listed also.

Kind Regards,

Carla

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

We are experiencing the problem too, but in a different way. It occurs when we switch between system dev to test or vice versa. Workaround is to close browser windows and re-open browser to connect to other system.

How did you resolved your problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Asif,

your problem must be session cookie related.

At login the ITS sets a cookie e.g.

Set-cookie ~session=IT1:MYHOST:0000...;path=/scripts/wgate/webgui6d6d3d2f/

IT1 = logical instance name in wgate config

MYHOST = the agate host in wgate config

path= the path at which the browser decides to sent the cookie along with the request.

Check that cookie!

If it is bound to path=/scripts/wgate/webgui/ then it will be sent along with the next request to "dev" or "test" where wgate cannot find the according Instance or Agate host.

You can resolve that (generated with a random number as in the example) by setting

~multiinstanceservices 1

in your service file.

Regards,

Fekke

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Fekke!

It was the with the client cookie just like you said. The porblem is documented in OSS too. Alternative suggested was to either change the domain or the path. If this is not possible then just open a new browser window such that each client window has its own cache area to work with.

Thanks,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

saw your posting in the other thread.

did you inspect the wgate traces?

(wgate<pid>_sapxgdk.trc, ..._sapbasis.trc, etc.

Any errors?

Seems like the agate is not responding at all or not responding as expected.

If you find a communication error in these traces then please try to match that timestamp with the traces of the corresponding AGate.

• Is the problem continues, or just under heavy load.

• Is it possible to set the wgate tracelevel higher?

• did you use any non-default settings; like procmon?

• Is the problem bound to some special service/action?

Regards,

Fekke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carla,

the wgate is unable to connect to your agate.

Please check your wgate traces in <its>/WGATE/traces.

There you might find the cause, common problems are:

• ports to communicate with the agate are incorrect

• agate is not running

• agate host cannot be resolved (DNS)

And some others like SNC configuration, Network Interface type mixup, etc; but those do propably not apply to your situation.

Regards,

Fekke