cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ASAP Focus Methodology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone provide some PDF/DOC on what is "ASAP Focus Methodology"?

I do have link to SAP Consulting ASAP Focus.

Regards,

Jayant Chhallani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

I don't know how to post a question on SAP Community Network. So, I use this way because my question is the same of Jayant.

I need a technical documentation, software or Internet pages/sites about ASAP Focus. I don't need marketing or sales documents. And, it is hard to understand that it is very difficult find information about this subject on SAP sites.

Please, may anyone help me (help us)?

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASAP focus methodology is geared more toward midsize companies.

The other key difference (vis-à-vis regular ASAP methodology) is that it is based on SAP Best Practices offerings such as All-in-one partner solutions & packaged solutios.

For more details, see this link - http://www.sap.com/asia/industries/pdf/che_BWP_SB_Accelerate_Implementation.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jayant,

Please find the link:

download.sap.com/services/consulting/brochures/download.epd?context=1416969F99D27DF6EF36E34EFBBD401DE9CBF

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

P.S. please type-in ASAP Focus Methodology SAP in google and the first link is the most relevant link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

Thanks for the info. I have finished googling. The link for the document which you have provided talks about "Service Offering" by SAP Consulting.

I would like to know more about the methodology as such.

Hope to get a relevent answer.

Regards,

Jayant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant,

ASAP: Accelerated Systems Application and Products in Data Processing

All implementation projects have the following phases:

Scoping - What is to be implemented i.e. which sub modules are to be implemented some clients may not require credit management for example. Look at the project scope document carefully it will tell you what SAP sub-modules in SAP you should be prepared for. Usually the sales people along with project manager do it.

As is - Here you understand the existing business processes of the client . Your BPO collect all the ISO-documentation (if client is ISO certified), reports and forms at this stage and you analyze how and when the reports/forms are generated, where the data is coming from. You also do a Level -2 training for your BPO so he is made aware of all the required transactions in SAP.

Once this is over BPO can start learning with the consultants help more about SAP. This is crucial because if you miss out any transactions the BPO may forget about some of his Business processes which may come up later. It is a good practice to ask the BPO to make flow charts to explain business processes.

To-Be - Parallely you map these processes to SAP. Processes that you are not sure of as to whether they are present in SAP or not you try to do a configuration of those processes, and along with the BPO(Business process owner he is the clients employee who knows about the clients business processes probably a middle management guy, the can more than one), BPO involvement is required as he may be able to tell you his requirements better. Once you do the business modeling you

will also be made aware of the gaps between as-is and to-be , here decisions have to be made as to whether a ABAP development/system modification is required or not and so on. Involve the BPO as much as possible and document everything it is good practice do not be lazy about it.

Business blueprint: Here the as-is and to-be and gap analysis is explained. This is the document that you will be using to do your configuration in the realization phase.

Realization phase: Here you do the configuration in the development server (there are three clients -development,quality, production). You also decide on the master data format, so that BPO can go collect the master data. You also give ABAP specifications for forms, reports etc, system modifications etc. Unit testing: Your BPOs and a few key users sit down and test your configuration in your module only. It is good to test the BDCs that you need for uploading data at this stage so you have more realistic data and your BDCs are tested.

Integration testing:

Once all modules unit testing is over then the configuration is trasported to the Quality server, where testing for all the modules is done by BPOs and end user, this is to check if any problems are there in integration between various modules. Once all is okay from the QA server config is transported to the production server.

Go live preparation

Data uploading: The collected master data is checked and the uploaded into production server(sever and client I have used interchangeably). Now you are ready for go live i.e. users can now use the production server.

Regards

Tushar

P.S. Reward points for useful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar,

Thanks for your time and effort.

But my question is still unanswered.

I want to know what is "ASAP Focus" methodology.

Even if somebody can explain the difference between ASAP & ASAP Focus, it will be great help.

Regards

Jayant

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayant,

You can find a consolidated & detail document in

service-sap.com portal on ASAP Focus Methodology.

Please reward points if helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kaushik,

Thanks for the info, but can you please post the link or tell me the path. so that I can browse it or download.

Regards,

Jayant