cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can any one konw what will happend when doing avaialbility check

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

My question is when we are doing doing availbility check. Then there is no open purchase orders can we save the sales order or not. If yes how it is possible. please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hi gurus

>

> My question is when we are doing doing availbility check. Then there is no open purchase orders can we save the sales order or not. If yes how it is possible. please help me in this regard.

>

>

> Thanks in advance

Hi Nageshwar,

Availability Check:

In sales order the system automatically proposes the delivery date as you would have observed. It does nothing but goes to MRP takes into account the availability dates for example it will see ok 10 units of material one are available but 5 are required two days later so two days later you have 6 and 5 more are expected 3 days later. Hence any order posted today will at best be delivered 3 days later. that is availability check.

If you choose a delivery date before the date system proposes you will face the problem of no confirmed quantity as plant would not have stock to honour your order.

I understand your confusion is even though you dont see any open orders or POs (i.e. prior commitments) you are not able to save sales order.

What happens is for regular make to stock order we dont know how much orders to expect so depending upon demand management we reach at a forecasted Intital Requirement called Planned Initial requirement (PIR) this is also reflected in MD04 screen

if the order you are creating is exceeding the value of PIR on that particular date as maintained by your systeme, No you will not be able to save the sales order.

Hope i addressed what you were looking for.

Post for furthur clarifications

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u enter the mat.name and qty , requested delivery date in the sales order, the system will do an availblity check.

actually, the system checks whether the entered material of the requested qty is available on the requested date? this is called availability check.

the qty confirmations and all depends on how u customized the system @ OVZ9. even if there is no open PO's, but if u told the system to include RLT during availability check, the system always gives the confirmed date for the entered material.

hope i answered ur query. welcome for ur further clarifications

reward points if helpful