cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM portal questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to MDM and trying to integrate MDM with portal. I have been integrating all the other systems for quite some time, but this is new to me. I installed and configured the business package and it is working as expected, but still have few open quesitons for which I cant find solution as I feel that the documentation is not fully available.. any where here are my questions, one line answer would be enough for me to get going..

1) is MDM java API too hard to start up with? is it completely different then the portal API that I have been using from several years? is the architecture and programming model different?

2) the iviews that are already available with MDM business package.; are they customizable meaning do they provide SCA files as ESS/MSS do, that we can put in NWDI and get the source code and deploy back. if so, could you please point me to the documentation of that? i wnat to let us say add some custom buttons on the MDM search iview, how can i do that?

3) with SAP promoting Webdynpro for UI, why was HTMLB used for developing the iviews in the new relaste MDM 5.0 SP5.

4) do you think that the standard iviews are using the webservices supplied? i.e. do you know if at all the MDM search records web service is being used in any iviews that are delivered by the business package.

5) Does SAP provide source code for the webservices that we can use to enhance it?

Please help me in getting started with these. help is appreciated.

Thanks

RKR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RKR,

Answering your concerns.

a) As far as JAVA API are concern the you could be aware that MDM Java API are different than other JAVA API and formulated separately for SAP MDM.Java API is an application programming interface for the MDM software. It allows MDM customers to write customized applications for interacting with the MDM server. The list of functionality available through the MDM Java API includes but is not limited to:

i)Records Management

ii)Extensive Search Capabilities

iii)Check-in/Check-out

iv)Matching

v)Validation

vi)Tables and Fields Management

vii)User and Roles Management

viii)Repository Management

from my discussions i'd come to know that the main challenge to start with Java API for MDM is it seeks in-depth know-how of core java apart from that MDM Java APIs are altogether different as comapared to Other Java API.

However,detail information about MDM APIs you can find it in this URL

[http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/current/overview-summary.html]

Hope it will aid in making idea of Java API for SAP clearer.

regards,

Krutarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krutarth,

Thanks for your response regarding the JAVA API. it would be great if you could answer the other questions.

Thanks

RKR

Answers (0)