cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure IDX1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am stuck at the step "Connect the XI system IX1 with the CE8 system". I have checked the RFC destination CC_DEST_XI on R/3 system.The test and remote login are both successful. But then i could not locate the R/3 destination CC_DEST_CE8 that connects to the CE8 system.

Entering IDX1 returns "Unauthorised to view relevant data" although SM59 worked as desired. Skimming through other blogs, some 1 suggested to configure IDX1 on IX1 system. Is it the same where Directory,Repository, System Landscape and Workbench reside. If yes, then kindly clarify as to where I have to configure this IDX1 as I am unable to clear the test configuration tool test and stuck at the Receiver Determination step.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have designed an integration scenario in which my web application will send request using SOAP over HTTP protocol. The XI system will host a web service and by generating the WSDL i will generate the proxy class using which I will comunicate with XI system. There will be sender type SOAP adapter between My WebAPP and XI. I will send request through Outbound interface.

Further the Request will pass to SAP CE8 system from XI system and communication will be through RFC(BAPI) using RFC adapter and Inbound interface.

My Questions are :

1. I have configured RFC destination on CE8 using SM59 transaction. Do i need to configure on XI system an rfc destination using IDX1?(I will use BAPI request/response only).

2. In integration scenario there are two interfaces

My WebAPP -- Outbound Interface(Custom defined) -- XI

XI -- Inbound interface(RFC)

since this is a synchronous communication i think i just need these two interface. Right?

On Custom defined side, two message will be there 1 each for request and response.

On BAPI side, BAPI and BAPI.response will be used. Is my approach correct?

3. When specifying the technical system landscape i was asked to mention System and Host information for my technical system. What are these and how I can obtain them?

P.S. As I have sdn blogs + forums + sap help portal on my disposal ... can anyone suggest something free over the internet ?

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michal and Shravan ... ur answers were a real help.

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC Destination Issue: you have to create CC_DEST_CE8 on XI system manually. This will not be created automatically. When you are creating an RFC destination, the user id is the one which is existing on the remote system (in your case CE8 user id).

IDX1 authorization issue:

Open 2 SAP GUI screens of same XI system, run transaction IDX1 in one screen and on the 2nd one run transaction SU53 (which gives information about that particular transaction authorization). Send this to your security team.

IDX1 transaction is on ABAP stack where as Directory, Repository, SLD and Workbench or on J2EE stack of same XI system. Logon to ABAP stack of XI using SAP Frontend tool and run IDX1 transaction.

regards

Shravan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

>>>"Unauthorised to view relevant data"

1. ask someone from your basis team to give you the

authorisation for this transaction (IDX1)

2. if you want to work with IDOC scenarios

you have to maintain this transaction

(you do it only on the XI system)

3. if you r/3 system is CE8 you have to go to IDX1

and create a port SAPCE8 and choose RFC dest

(type 3) to your R/3 system

(the one you created in SM59)

all steps from step 3 are maintained on the XI system

Regards,

michal

Message was edited by: Michal Krawczyk