cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item categiry usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks

can you please tell me the exact meaning for item categiry usage and use in the item categiry determination

give me some examples

please help me in this matters

thanks and regards

ramarao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramarao,

Item Category = Sales Document Type + Item Category Group + Usage + Higher Level Item Category

A small search on SDN SD forum will help you to answer your query.

I will suggest you to visit http://sap-img.com/sap-sd.htm. It will give you the overview of SAP SD module.

Moreover there is a separate section of FAQs with answers which will help you in great deal.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

item category usage is used for determining different item category.

if the material is going to used for the different purpose like Free then we want item category (TANN) to be different then in case of normal sale(TAN) .

so it is used for changing the behaviour of the item based on the usage.

Virandra Sharda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item Category Usage:

Item category usages which control the usage of an item. Item category usage controls, for example, the system response if during document processing an item does not refer to a material but to a text item. I

tem category usage can also be maintained via the item categories (detail screen for item categories: Goto -> Item usage).

Default settings

In the standard SAP R/3 System, the following usages are defined:

Batch split

Text item

Service item relevant for billing

Service item not relevant for billing

Reward Points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

usage is one of the important factor in determining the item category.

It can be used to describe a material's behavoiur in the certain environment or scenarois.

Ex

OR + NORM + + = TAN

OR + NORM+ PHSP + = TAX

in this scenario, this norm item is used in the product selection(Material determination). this is usage of the item.

Here the meaning is if the norm item is used in material determination, the proposed item category is TAX, instead of TAN. i hope now u can understand my point.

hope i answered ur query.

Reward points if it is useful