cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under which account XI sends messages through HTTP communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please help us to find out under which account (user) XI sends messages outside through HTTP.

We should send data to external application using HTTP receiver adapter. Target host, username and password are provided by our customer. But during the test we'va got a HTTP 407 error - Proxy Authentification Required. This is our proxy server and go through it we should grant appropriate rights to XI account. But which?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error come because of

the "auth-scheme" element required by the HTTP specification is missing in the "Proxy-Authorization" HTTP header.

Solution of this is to use patch 8 for Support Package 17 and patch 5 of Support Package 18 of the XI ADAPTERFRAMEWORK CORE 3.0 software component.

For XI7.0:

patch 3 of support package 08 of the XI AdapterFramwork Core 7.0

patch 2 of support package 09 of the XI AdapterFramwork Core 7.0

The archives and the support package stack guide can be found on the

services marketplace as described in SAP Note 952402.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are also facing the same problem. Please let me know if your issue was resolved and how? Were you able to find by which user XI is sending the message via Proxy?

thanks

Amit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we decided to create a separate user with rights to pass through proxy and use it in the RFC destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately the problem is not resolved yet.

As I understand to pass through the proxy account and password are required in any case. And even if we install special patch as Aashish Sinha advice we should write this account and password somewhere in the settings. But which account? Does XI work in the network under "Local System" account or some certain account?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to define an SM59 connection in your ABAP stack. Here you can set proxy server and password.

In the communication channel you choose addressing type HTTP Destination and refer to the SM59 connection.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your advice - we have created some test RFC destination in the SM59 and it works.

BUT during the creation of new RFC destination in the field "Proxy User" I use my own login which has rights to go through our proxy server.

And question is: what people usually use there - some separate account created only for this purpose with appropriate rights or some XI account which will be granted with rights to pass proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

>And question is: what people usually use there - some separate account created only for this purpose with appropriate rights or some XI account which will be granted with rights to pass proxy.

The answer to the above depends on you, which ever way you are comfortable with.

Generally i have seen a different user created and used specifically for proxy authentication.

Regards,

Sumit

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should ask an administrator for a user that can be used here.

You should not use a personal user for this case.

Regards

Stefan

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's only yhe user name provided by your customer which pings to the enternal application, cross check you have requrired rights again to login to the external applications

check in the SXMB_MONI whihc pipleline step it is breaking,,,,it should break in the call adapter step...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

In HTTP Receiver Adapter if you are using the

Addressing Type as URL Address :

In the above case the user that is used will be mentioned in the receiver adapter itself. See below Authentication Data for details.

Addressing Type as HTTP Destination :

In the above case login to XI System using GUI. Go to SM59 and check for the username mentioned in the HTTP Destination.

If the above is not clear to you please let us know.

Regards,

Sumit