cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass selected data to another iview?

former_member553124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an iView which shows a Bar chart. I want the result in this way..

When I click on perticular bar, it should show Data in Tabular for with drilled Char.

Eg. Chart is of Business partner type wise stock.

So, when i click on a perticular business partner type it should show business pertners belonging to that Business Partner type along with stock.

How can it be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sitara_kola
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear nirav

my reqirement is similar to ur one .can u just suggest me how u have done it.

with Regards

sitara

former_member553124
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not sure..but it can be done through Signal out from One infoview and Signal in another infoview

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nirav/Sitara,

do you need the table (which is to be populated/refreshed upon user-click on chart) on the same iView or another iView. If you need them on separate iViews, then you need to do so by eventing like Nirav mentioned. as usual, tke note that the iView that subscribes to the event has the same event name and event params (its case-sensitive). pass the selected chart entry parameters thru this event.

In the event that the table and chart are on the same iView, you simply can draw a data flow line from the chart (with event = select) and drag it to the query/bapi which will populate the table. through the select event data flow line, pass the relevant parameters from the selected entry in the chart.

prachi

former_member553124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Thankx for the reply. My Requirement is not only to show table.

I want it in this way:

When I click on a specific bar of Chart. I should be able to see the drill view in Table.

E.g. When I click on Bar Chart which has Work center wise Actual and Planned values, I should get the equipment belonging to that perticular Bar(Work Center).

I have done it through select even But for that I have to select Different views of BI query, and even if I m not getting result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nirav,

To get the drill down by equipment, you will hv to hv design another query that accepts work centre as one of the input params. With the select event, trigger a call to this new query (with the selected work centre and other params passed via the event to the query) that will display the desired result.

prachi

former_member553124
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankx Parchi..

Have done it with the solution u suggested.

But again, I have to map Work Center Key, and for that I have to select Work_Center_Key as catagory axis for Chart and It displays Work_Center_Key on the Chart but I want to show Description.

Can u guide me how can it be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nirav,

normally for characteristics in BI queries, in VC you would see various formats like wrk_center_key, wrk_center_ext_key, and wrk_center. Try using 'wrk_center' instead of 'wrk_center_key' on the category axis. Als, check whether you included the text/description in the BI query in the first place. Right click on the query, and do a "test service" and check if the description is included. if no description is found, you need to make changes in the BI query.

prachi

former_member553124
Participant
0 Kudos

Prachi,

I tested BI query, When I put some value for Work Center It doesnt show any data with description, rather I have to put work center key to get correct result.

So data selection is based on Work_Center_Key only. If I will put Work_Center in catagory axis it wont show equipment as per my requirement.

So, I have to pur work_Center_Key anyway. Is there any option by which I can make selection on Work_Center_Key base but it should show description for perticular key as description is maintained in BI Query.

Answers (0)