cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gross Weight & Net Weight in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What is exact mean of Gross weight & Net Weight in Material Master.

What is the impact of these on order,delivery& Invoice? other than freight.

Plz send me the solution for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj.M

Edited by: Pankaj Mahajan on Dec 25, 2007 6:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj

Net weight is the actual weight of the component which you are selling and gross weight is the weight after including packing materials.

Let me try to explain with an example.

You receive an order for a component to supply 100 nos. Each component will be packed in a wrapper with a top cover. To supply this 100 nos, you will have to first pack 100 nos. in individual wrapper and top cover and finally in a master carton.

Assume the net weight (actual piece weight) of the component would be 5 kgs. Now if you add the wrapper weight and top cover say 1/2 kgs, your gross weight of the product would be 5.5 kgs. The weight of the master carton would be 1 kg.

Now your total shipment weights would be net weight 500 kgs (5 kgs x 100 pcs) and gross weight would be 650 kgs (5.5 kgs + 1 kg * 100 nos.).

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Net weight is the weight of the product , where as gross weight is the weight of product and packing.

-->on the weight of the product shipment will be planned and charged accordingly.

-->some times on the base o fthe Gross weight discounts can be given...

Ex: K029(material pricing group).. these discount can be granted if they belongs to same price group.

--> weight of the product..they plan for the loading group(manual, Crane.....)

i hope these are the main impacts as per as the weight is concern

Regards

Anjan Reddy

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

1.Packing will be takes place based on the Weight at delivery.

Ex: If you take a pallet or carton we need to maintain max weight they will carry based on that packing will be takes place.

2.Loading will takes place based on the Weight only.

3.Shipping cost calculation takes place based on the weight of the goods and the distence.

I hope It will help you,

Regards,

Murali.