cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Server Unreachable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am installing the Sneak Preview Netweaver 4 Abap Edition and have run into a problem with the Database Instance installation. The Central Instance Installation went fine.

When I get to Step 14 of the Database Instance installation I encounter the error:

running C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe name=NSP nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=Basestation -wait

SAP System Basestation_NSP_00 is already running, but at least one process doesn't run correctly:

msg_server.exe, MessageServer, Running, 24.09.2005 13:48:15, 0 02 41 48

disp+work.exe, Dispatcher, Running but Message Server unreachable, 24.09.2005 13:48:16, 0 02 41 47

igswd.exe, IGS Watchdog, Running, 24.09.2005 13:48:16, 0 02 41 47

I have found posts on the forum indicating to check that c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services has entry for NSP and 3600 which it does.

Has anyone else run into the same problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alan Coulter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked your lan cable ? Your system should be connected to network or you should configure loopback adaptor.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev.

I had installed the loopback adapter, but the installation wouldn't work until I disconnected from the internet and only used the loopback.

Thanks for the help.

Al