cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing package on Linux using SDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone...

I am having an issue getting a package installed on RHEL using the SDM. The package I'm trying to install is BP SAP CRM 5.0 SP01. The error I'm getting is as follows (shortened for space and info reasons):

DeploymentActionException: The substitution of deployment parameter variables failed.The following variables could not be substituted because theyare not known by the SDM-Repository:com.sap.cm.shareTo fix this problem go to the SDM-Repository-View of the SDM GUIand define substitution values for these variables or correct thetype information. Please note these are not typos or gramatical errors. This is verbatim from the error message.

If I take a look at Deployment Parameter Substitutions ==> Public substitution variables, I do not see a com.sap.cm.share defined anywhere, but I have never had to define anything while installing this under Windows in the past with identical settings in the SDM GUI.

Is this just a simple matter of defining the variable, or could this be a permissions/config issue with Linux? If it does need defining, if anyone has any ideas what the variables should be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an FYI, the answer to this was found over at A word of warning, the parameter variable needs to be listed as Com.sap.cm.share (just as it is listed in the post). I had been trying it as com.sap.cm.share, and it would not work when I tried to save it. Also, for those new to Linux, you need to use the / character, not the \ character as shown on the forum post if you are installing it under Linux.