cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory managemnet in SAP business connectors 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on SAP BC 4.7 . I had developed a service under a package. After few days I noticed that a record under that vanished automatically. After analysing I came to conclusion that it might be happening due to memory overload problem. When i checked through Administrator login in the server statistics, it shows used memory: 98%.

I tried resetting cache and also restarting server. But there was not much difference.

Queries:

1. Whether this is really related to memory.

2. How to reduce used memory and increase free memory.

3. Anyother suggestion relating to same.

Please do reply.

Thanks

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

Sorry for my late response. I'm in Christmas holidays.

Business Connector have many problems with memory management.

Virtual machine don't free the server memory. Your problem of record vanished it's very usual, I don't know if it's a memory problem but it could be the root cause.

Queues:

1. I don't know. The server allways crashed when it not have enough memory and the caches was inconsistent

2. For reduce the use of memory, the first thing that you could make will be creating a java service where you call to garbage collector, then you must to create a job who call to this service every five minutes.

In all java services you must to assign null value for all objects at the end of the implementation. Be carefull whith the values of pipeline.

Regards

Ivá