Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all alerts raised in alert inbox first time

former_member194677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 different types alert category in AlrtCatDef.for ex file_duplicacy,file_format_check..and so on.

I have done alert testing for one interface in quality enivironment and the result, all the 5 alerts are generated in alert inbox for the first time.

I have tested the same in development environment and its working fine , only single alert is getting generated .

Please provide some information... why all the alerts are getting generated in quality,instead of of generating the single alert.

Thanks

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi santosh,

it does not depend on the environment you are working with.

Number of alerts being generated depends on the number of alerts that has been configured.

regards

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Santosh,

First test the scenario with the one alert catagory, I mean put the error data in the file and check whether it is throughing only one alert or all the alert.Then go ahead with putting the error data with the second alert catagory and so on....and finally with all the alert catagory...

I hope u understood what i mean to say.....

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Alerts are not generated based on the number of alert categories you have defined.

The number of alerts generated depends on the alert rules.

Check in RWB how many alert rules you have defined . And also check if you have defined multiple rules in RWB have you used any filter to differentiate between them. Else if you havent used any filter all the rules will be used.

By filter i mean sender/receiver interface name/namespace etc etc.

Regards,

Sumit