Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rani,

from DMS point of view it is possible to convert an original to BMP format. Therefore you have to set up a conversion routine in customizing and link a converter to your system, which is able to convert the original in the desired format.

First of all the converter has to be linked to the R/3 System by RFC connection in SM59. Please see

the attached document which contains all necessary information about setting up the converter and conversion.

Further customizing settings can be found in transaction SPRO under:

Cross-Application Components

> Document Management

> Conversion of Original Application Files

The conversion could be defined to be started in transaction CONV02, with status change or by using workflows. For using the conversion within workflows please see SAP note 687199 for further information.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for usefull information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rani,

I have seen the similar case in cFolders, to create the bitmap and making it as bookmark for the document. For that case there a we need to use a BADI. I think, you may need to find some BADI to convert the image into bmp. But one thing is sure that, this can only be done for the specific image formats.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shall i know why you are trying to convert the drawing to bmp file?

Are you trying to check-out from content server and convert the file and again check-in into the same content server? Is your process like this?

Regards,

MRK

Edited by: MRK on Dec 28, 2007 6:45 AM