cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery w/o reference to Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the situations where I can create a delviery w/o reference to sales order?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

vamsi P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamsi,

During SAP implementation, a cut over strategy is implemented in every project.

That is in simple words, you are putting a break on the old legacy system you are using and from a particular point of time you'll start using the new SAP system.

In such a situation, it is obvious that you will always have sales orders created in your old legacy for which the delivery is still pending.

In this case, you will not have any reference number of a sales order to create a delivery in SAP, as the sales order was created in your legacy system and the delivery will be created in new SAP system.

This is where Delivery w/o referece is generally used.

Hope its clear for you now................

REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL

Regards

Sai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vamshi,

1)promotional distribution

2)sample for customers specially when new product launched

3)free distb for trails etc

regards

s.joshi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

As for my knowledge, When the Sales order creation takes place in other system i.e other than SAP, the delivery will be created in SAP system without reference of sales order.

If you feel satiafactory reward with points,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

1 of the cases i can think of is promotional distribution.

You distribute your goods free of charge without customer ordering for promotional purposes.

Regards

Abhishek Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your quick response.

As far as Free of charge delviery is used for free distribution of samples to their representatives for promotional purpose. In this case sales document is used-FD create sales order and followed by delivery with reference to order, Picking, PGI. Only invoice is not created since its free.

Thanks,

Vamsi.