cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Progress Bar for File Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to implement a progress bar indicator for a file upload in WebDynpro, without very good results.

I'm using a fileupload UI element, a TimerTrigger and a ProgressIndicator UI elements for this purpose.

It seems that using the fileupload UI element the iview is locked during the file upload, and therefore it prevents for the timer triggered action to be performed (this action updates the progress bar).

Additionally I havent been able to capture the transfered bytes from the upload. Maybe I'm using the wrong elements?

How could I achieve this. Has anyone done it?

I would really appreciate all the help I could get.

Homer Vargas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there another way to upload a file other than using the fileUpload component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the way to upload file from client system to server.

The code i have is as follows:-

Jsp:-

-

function saveImage(){

//projectname.javafilename

var strStatus = "save";

document.saveImageForm.action="/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/TestXML.TextImageLink?frmstatus="+ strStatus;

document.saveImageForm.method="post";

document.saveImageForm.submit();

}

<form name="saveImageForm" encrypt="multipart/form-data">

<table width="388" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#F0F0F0" border='0'>

<tr>

<td><font color="blue" face="verdana" size="2">IMAGE:</font></td><td><input id="image" type="file" name="image" value=""/></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" onclick="saveImage();"/></td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

now i am not getting what to write in java file

using IPortalComponentRequest.

-

Using the jsp file upload in tomcat is working but here it is not working

-

please help meee

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sirisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vargas,

Unfortunately, file upload is an atomic operation in WD, this is just a submit of multipart form data underneath. Obviously, it is impossible to create progress bar indicator for atomic operations - WD does not fire any additional events on upload progress or alike.

<i>Additionally I haven't been able to capture the transferred bytes from the upload</i>

If you are using file upload, you have to use <b>binary</b> context attribute, just access value of this attribute (which is of java type byte[]) in action handler.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com/