cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to see deployed component in webdynpro content administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a DC under sap.com domain in one of the tracks and was able to checkin and activate that deploy that successfully,

When i looked at the deployment log and activation log it says component is successfully deployed.

I looked in the DTR and CBS and I could see the deployed component

But when i look at the deployed components in Webdynpro content administrator under sap.com it is not showing the DC which i created and deployed.

What is the wrong with the deployment

Please let me know what is the solution

Points will be awarded for sure

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem - could you please let everyone know how you resolved it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Webdynpro content admin you are accessing might not be the right one. Most of the times, the Enterprise Portal server is different from Web Dynpro engine embedded with it. If so and if you are accessing it through your EP links then you might be wrong. You got to check with your Basis team what is the right Webdynpro content Admin.

If your intention of accessing the Webdynpro content Admin is to create an iView for your DC, then you can still do that without accessing the Web Dynpro template where you can't find your application. Go to Portal Content -> <Folder> -> right click to New -> iView -> iView template -> SAP Web Dynpro iView and then provide the details there. Make sure that the Application Name & Namespace is as per the DC you created, System name is your configured system. I hope this helps.

MSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MSR.

I have other Web Dynpro applications that I have succesfully deployed and they display correctly in the WDP Content Administrator.

The application in question is fine up until the point I activate the changes. So using NWDS I build and deploy the application, and it shows correctly in the Content Administrator. Once I activate the Activity I can no longer see the contents of the DC through the Content Administrator.

So what I see in our development environment is:

+ rd1.com/WorkingOK
 + Applications
 + Components
 + Models
- rd1.com/NotWorking

(The rd1.com/NotWorking node cannot be expanded)

Therefore I can no longer run the NotWorking application or transport it into QA/Production.

I have noticed that in the Development Configurations perspective in NWDS that the DC in question does not have src/packages/ProjectProperties.wdproperties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Seems the problem is with the new DC.

Have you tried the following.

1. In WD Explorer right clicking on DC and Repair->Project structure and classpath

2. Synch the DC with repository

a. Copy the current DC to local directory for the purpose of restoration if required.

b. Delete the DC from local work space.

c. Recreate the project from Dev Configuration.

d. check the DC is having src & project properties.

e. If no src & project properties, add them in 'Navigate' view from the local copy (step 2.a) where it should ask for a new activity.

f. Once done rebuild, activate and deploy.

MSR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the NWDI using the Undeploy View are you able to see the component?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

can you post a image of your webdynpro content admin..

but i think your are not checking at right place.

just check in your Webdynpro content administrator of WAS. on which you deployed your application..

you looked in the DTR and CBS and you could see the deployed component.

may be your WAS, and the server on which DTR is availabe are different..