cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual hosts not working on Unix based portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a strange problem already decribed in another thread but a bit hidden so want to put it up again here.

I have an Netweaver 2004S portal (stack 12) running fine on aix based hosts, but have serious issues defining and using virtual host definitions.

server runs on host a.test.com but when I define a new virtual host b.dummy.com (via NWA or via Visual Admin on the http provider ) it seems to work initialy in that i get the login page, but when i logon to the portal I get trown back at the logon page. Credentials are ok since if I use the original host name i get in as normal.

If i do the exact same thing on an identical release identical configured portal on a windows 2003EE host it works flawlessly .

What do I miss ?????????????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

The virtual host name must be valid at the operating system level and in the network the host is a part of. It can be a new primary host name, an additional alias name, or it’s IP address. The host must be accessible with this name using the ping command.

If the new virtual host is not pingable, add its entry to /etc/hosts file and make it point back to localhost or whatever the IP address is for that machine.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not the problem at all. The adress is accessable (pingable , resolvable etc etc ) and as I mentioned you get the logon screen of the portal (which you would otherwise not get).

Your login is even processed but after the login you get thrown back to the initial login page. You can see the login is processed since if you type the wrong credentials you get a message it is wrong.

I have this on 3 portals all AIX . All windows portals (same release same out of the box config same stack) work fine so i am convinced it must be a specific unix related issue. Like you have for instance with tcpip ports lower than a specific value, you need to do special things on unix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are still strugling with this problem and SAP is not helping at all (high call still stuck in status send to sap since 23rd december even after escalation ;-( , very bad............)

Anyone any ideas left why it is a no brainer on windows but does not seem to work on aix based systems as described below ??