cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Business system in the SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving an error message when trying to create a business system in the SLD. The error is "The selected client has an associated logical system name that is already used for another business system. Select a different client."

Here is my issue. The business system that I am creating is for our R/3 4.6C production system. I currently have a business system for our R/3 4.6C quality system. Our production and quality R/3 systems do have the same logical system name and client number. This is because we recreate our quality R/3 system from our production system.

So, the question is, How do I create a business system in the SLD for my production R/3 system when the logical system name is used associated with and business system?

I should add that all my R/3 systems have been created as technical systems without any problems.

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After copying Production system to Quality System, you have to change your Quality System Logical system name.

You CANNOT create two business systems with the same logical system name.

Lets say your Production System is PRD Client 100 (PRDCLNT100), Quality System is QAS Client 100 (Change your logical system name to QASCLNT100 by going to SCC3 transaction).

There is no work around other than changing the logical system names.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For large systems, Changing logical system requires 3-4 days of BDLS runs, so it is not feasible. SAP offers an option of keeping the LSN similar within their

system type. In our case, we keep the same name across all our production size OLTP systems due to challanges with BDLS.

Are there any other options in SLD ?