cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Business system in the SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving an error message when trying to create a business system in the SLD. The error is "The selected client has an associated logical system nae that is already used for another business system. Select a different client."

Here is my issue. The business system that I am creating is for our R/3 4.6C production system. I currently have a business system for our R/3 4.6C quality system. Our prodution and quality R/3 systems do have the same logical system name and client number. This is because we recreate our qaulity R/3 system from our production system.

So, the question is, How do I create a business system in the SLD for my production R/3 system when the logical system name is used assoicated with and business system.

I should add that all my R/3 systems have been created as technical systems without any problems.

Thanks,

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is recommended to have all ALE names unique.

If it is not possible the following workaround can be used.

Create one system in SLD (business system/technical system) which contains the ALE name. Proposal: The production system

Create the other systems(dev/QA) without the ALE name

During configuration the production system will be configured as usual.

For Dev/QA systems: Define in the receiver agreement the header mapping and use The Receiver service to reference the production system. Because you reference the production system the ALE name of the production system will be used to fill the idoc.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

no way, what u can do is, to use more SLDs.

I would recommend, to rename the logical system name. It is a system identifier and of course a system cant be identified if two have the same name. Very bad idea.

If u dont work with IDocs it would be possible, to rename the logical system, create the business system and later rename back.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SLD while creating a bussiness system, logical name neednt be truely the name of the bussiness sytem. You could in your scenario say SYS_QA and SYS-PRD. But make sure the technical systems are created properly for each system.

Naveen