cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Challenging scenario !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is like I am reading data from the attachment of an email using mail sender adapter and creating a file at unix server.

The mail attachment looks like this :

Lead code:12929

Order ref: sp/jaksd/1212

order type: S

Item code Qty

1221231 123

1212232 78

........... ...

end

1. What should be the target file structure nad its FCC paramaters for reciever file adpater ?

2.NOw the name of the attachment is variable and known at runtime only. How to implement this ? ( Do i have to use mailPackage/ PayloadSwapBean and if yes then how and do i have to do any coding ?)

Please provide me information if you have worked on such a scenario.

Also good links which gives step by step configuration may help.

Regards,

Priya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

In order to read mail attachments , go through the exellent blog from Michal:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

also refer help from SAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2e/bf37423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Concept:

W need to replace application payload with Attachments in XI message , so we need use of Payloadswapbean.

Specify the parameters to identify your attachment in module parameters list lie swap.KeyName and then its value in swap.KeyValue.

This will solve your query for reading attachment from mail.

For any problems reply me back.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI Champs,

Please help if you have worked on such a scenario .

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Can any one help me with the exact FCC parameters for reciver file adpater here and how to include the PayloadSwapbean in my module parameter for sender mail adpater.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for ur time and inputs.

Solved the issue.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SInce you have the data in the attachement.. yes.. you have to use the message swap bean. Since you are not interested in the header information of the file.. no coding is needed.

And the FCC would be as simple as recordset,* type. Check the documentation for File Sender adapter on Help.

VJ