cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic picture import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts,

is there any possibility for automatic picture import into MDM Catalog? The picture-item connection can be imported automatical, but how can you give pictures automatic to the Data Groups?

So, could you help me please to set a full-automatic way for picture import from a directory of the server?

Thank you,

Ádá

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply.

To add pictures to the Data Groups, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Record Mode of Data Manager n double click on the image.

2.It will open the image selector dialogue. Click the add option at the bottom of the dialogue. It will open a small window asking the data group in which you want to store the images and the path for the folder containing the images. Give path and add. Now repeat the same procedure for adding the image to the product.

Regards

Richa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

You can't automatically import Images.

For Impoting of Images you can go through this link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/933b27ff0b274ee10000000a422035/content.htm]

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Adam,

If you want to import large no of images from some file or directory then following is the procedure:

First, go to Image table in the Data Manager, Right click on the image record pane, create data group called images, then click add it will open the browser select the path where u have store the images, import all the images. whatever images u have imported it will displayed in the imaged table.

Assigning images to the Records:

close the Data manger.

Second, go to import manager, in the mapping pane, the source side must have the same image name as the Destination side(destination side will display the images which u have imported in the data manager ). Select the Automatic map, it will automatically map all the images, then import it to the data manager.

In the data manager it will show you the no. of images of as many records.

This the way to import the large no of images, except this i hope there won't be any automatic import procedure.

if u have any problem let me know.

swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil and Dilmit,

Thanks for your answer. I knew this possibility, but my problem is that the catalog items' pictures come to a dedicated directory not in a large number, but only some items per day, but the picture import must do ASAP. So it would be the best if an automatic import would be working, and not the catalog manager should always check the new pictures.

regards,

Adam

Edited by: Adam Horvath on Jan 3, 2008 3:59 PM