cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where i am polling a sql server and passing the data to a r/3 system using the rfc adapter which call a bapi.the data is being read from the sql and i can see the message in xi in sxmb_moni as processed successfully.the adapters of both are showing the green signal but the dat is not getting posted in r/3.does anyone know what could be the problem.how can i know whether my bapi has been called?

Thanks and Regards,

Jishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Check MDT to see if message has been sent to Target SAP system from Adapter Engine.

2.Set an external breakpoint and see if Flow is reaching bapi.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

How can i check the MDT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

GO to RWB->Message Monitoring->AdapterEngine

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a wrapper and write code to make an entry into a temporary table like TVARV, at the end code COMMIT WORK.

That way you will know the RFC has been called.

The wrapper should be copied from the source BAPI function module to ensure the same parameters are being called. Import the wrapper function module instead of originial function module.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan,

In order to test you are actually suggesting lot more work. And for your information TVARV is not a temporary table, you cannot insert data just like that into standard tables in ERP, you will end up loosing the data integrity.

Jishi,

Why don't you convert your interface into ABAP Proxy and call the RFC inside that. You will get a better performance using the proxy and at the same time and you can debug and see of the proxy is being triggered.

Regards

Ravi