cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0988W happening on SOME 10g systems....not all

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a few BW systems all running Oracle 10.2.0.2. I have been getting the following error a lot:

BR0988W Bitmap index /BIC/FZTEST03~040 selected for checking statistics - please activate the monitoring attribute for table SAPR3./BIC/FZTEST03

I looked at SAP Note 535986 and it doesn't (a) seem to apply and (b) doesn't fix it even if I try.

So... should I follow what the note says to shut off monitoring attribute on 10g databases? And all 4 of my 10g systems are identical, or at least I thought so, but this only appears on 2 of 4.

Thanks

Vince

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vince,

>> So... should I follow what the note says to shut off monitoring attribute on 10g databases? And all 4 of my 10g systems are identical, or at least I thought so, but this only appears on 2 of 4.

That note does not fit to your problem, because under Oracle 10g the monitoring attribute is gone. The table monitoring depends on the parameter STATISTICS_LEVEL.

For more information have a look here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/10gdba/week20_10gdba.html

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initparams210.htm#sthref856

Sapnote #442395 describes that problem but also refers to the "alter table <TAB> monitoring" command, which is useless under Oracle 10g.

Please check the init parameter STATISTICS_LEVEL and the column num_rows in dba_indexes for your table SAPR3./BIC/FZTEST03.

Regards

Stefan

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Awesome. A review of SAP Note 838725 helped too.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you realized that there is a search fnctionality on the left upper corner.

Perhaps you can find the solution in one of the following threads:

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I did and neither answered the question (or worked).

Oh, BTW. oracle 10.2.0.2 on HPIA64.

Thanks anyway.

Vince