Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEMP FIX in PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF i modify -Temporarily ..a role in the PRD , generate it , saveit ..what woudl the impact be ? I need this role only for few days..

cannot get the testing etc done..will this temp fix impact the system?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was done. The impact as of NOW is minimal !

To all users ../readers Blessed Christmas !! Great New Year ......

Cheers to Juluieus, Alex, Wolf, Avers !

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

What you are intending to do is NOT RECOMMENDED!

Direct changes to roles in production should never be done in the first place!! Without testing, we can never know the impact. its like putting your job at stake!!

If you do have to give additional authorization(only in emergency), why dont you try using emergency roles ? that is roles created and configured only for a specific assignment, only for a limited period.

Make this assignment to accomplish your task.

Incase to revoke a specific authorization, copy the role with assignments, remove the intended object/value/Tcode and enddate the original role. However, this too is not recommended without testing!

-Abhishek

0 Kudos

I agree with Abhishek,

Rather than disturb the peace of your roles in production and the status of your system, either get yourself an (approved) emergency user with the required access or a temporary (approved) role with that access.

I would also recommend that if this access represents a risk (for example, a risk to you when questions are asked later - for example by the auditors) then you should log the activities of the user.

There may be other ways of doing it, but then you will have difficulties explaining it when the questions are asked.

Looking forward to your questions again in 2008,

Juliluis

0 Kudos

I agree fully with the above posts.

Merry Christmas ..Looking forward to hear from all of you...on my newer questions!

0 Kudos

George

Although it is better not to do things this way, i must admit that some customers make such a mess out of transports that you cannot help the business quick enough, in that case some companies choose for PFCG changes in production. I am surprised every time i see that , that external auditors did not pick this up and the letter of representation was signed off!

However I would suggest to create an Emergency User procedure for these occasions. As later they might come back to you for what you have done! And don not be surprised that you will stand alone as no one will remember the need for your action anymore, when it comes to difficult questions.

Anyway for now pretty holidays and good luck next year. Let creating an emergency user procedure being one of the first good deeds in 2008