cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

I created master profile and a univariate profile as per the building block instructions. In the planning view, when I click on the Stat button, i am taken to a different screen with different planning view. I noticed the same history is copies into the forecast keyfigure row. I tried using different models (with different alfa values for exp models and moving average etc). I get the same figures in the forecast key figure row. Also the green arrow on the top which is supposed to take me back to my planning view is not active. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that table does not exist in v5.0

Similar table is /USERPAR

/USERPLAN but they are blank.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Did you compare the forecast errors? are they same with all the different values? You can check forecast errors by clicking on the icon with two downward arrows. Which forecasting model are you using? May be the values you are entering for alpha are not making much difference. Another check would be to use different forecast models and compare errors. Here is a document with formulas for [statistical models|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7a4025f8-0a01-0010-0fb2-b7ab22597675]

Try using one of the models and with the help of formula for that model, see if your values make sense.

Hope this help.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TO take your back arrow button to planning book, you need to set parameter ID /SAPAPO/FCST_GREEN to X under user profile (accessible on the top menu through System --> User Profile --> Own Data )

Ensure you pickup appropriate Forecast Model when you click on Stat button. Check the univariate profile if the model parameter points to strategy 60, change to say something else like 56.

Based on the symptom you are seeing, I suspect the planning area settings are not correct for Forecast and History. Go to planning area administration --> go to extras on top menu --> Forecast Settings and ensure history and forecast key figures are appropriate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srinivas

I am sorry i didn't mention that I am working on 3.1 version. I don't find this parameter to set it to X. I appreciate if you have any more suggestions.

Thanks

Steve

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check in USR05 table if this parameter is available at all in 3.x?

Did the other points I mentioned in the note help at all ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas:

I tried to add FCST_GREEN with marking X It didn't take it.

It is not listed under Personal value List: set get parameter ID(2)

I tried forcing it, but it did't take it.

I don't know how to access USR05 table.

I appreciate your patience and trying to help.

Thanks

Steve

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USR05 can be accessed thourgh SE16 transaction. Atleast you can get the exhaustive list of Parameter IDs available in 3.x. The parameter that I suggested was "/SAPAPO/FCST_GREEN". Please check for existence of the parameter ID in your version. If it does not exit, I am not sure there are any options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I searched for this as per your instructions. I could not find. Thank you for trying to help me. If you have any ideas pl pass it on.