cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi SD gurus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz explain me the importance of general Item category group and Item category group

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item Category Group is one of the component which along with the Sales Doc Type, The Item Usage and Higher Level Item Category decide about the Item Category in a sales doc.

for example we can ERLA as item cat group and carry out the header level pricing or we can LUMF and do the item level pricing in case of a Sales BOM.

General item category group talks about further classification of a material. Like NLAG- non stock material can be used to identify bom header items, service items.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BalaRaju K

This is the answer given by Krishna vamshi on other day I hope it is use full for you question.

Krishna vamshi please don't mind.

It's simple buddy! "Material type" captures the characteristics of a material. And Item category group discloses how the material is maintained in the plant. i.e. is it manufactured(norm) or procured externally(bans)

Now the question is the difference between general item category group and item category group?

The business may produce and some times may also procure the material.

In such scenarios we maintain “norm” in general item category group. But if a need arises to procure we can change it to “bans” in item category group.

I hope your question is answered.

Regards

Srikanthraj