cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedicate background processes to one user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I’m looking for a way to limit the normal users to only be allowed to use one background process. The reason is that I would like to have free processes for our main system user (Batch_admin). We have today 5 background processes in the system and 2 of them I would like to have dedicated for the system user.

Anyone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres no way to assign a dedicated bgd process for an specific user...

what you can do if you have more than 1 instance is create logon groups so you can force users to use the application servers and let the system user run on the CI or viceversa....

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks, we do only have one instance, so that is not possible, I have breafly looked at allowing different status and I guess thats the best way even if it does not really fullfill what I was after..

Many Thanks

BR lennart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lennart,

I don't know if you can limit users to the use of just one background process but you can limit them to the levels of priority that they can assign to a background job (A, B, or C). Have you thought about using that as a limit instead?

Here is a brief discussion on this: [Prevent Users to schedule job with class A |;

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver