cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics

Former Member
0 Kudos

due to the fact that performance issues with google-analytics degrade my user experience I am currently looking for a way to block google-analytics accesses.

Does anyone have a link to share on how to do this efficiently?

doing a little research for this I also stumbled upon SAP's privacy statement and read

On our Web sites, we only store personal information relating to you with your permission. You may choose to reveal information to us if, for example, you register or complete a survey. Companies in the SAP group may use the information internationally in connection with processing your inquiries and orders or to help improve our products and services.

We would only share such information with third parties outside the SAP group with your express permission or as required by the applicable law. Information is used solely for the purposes described below.

Has anyone ever given such permission explicitely? I mean, it's pretty obvious that not anlysis of my browsing behaviour does not only go to SAP but to Google as well (and I think I wouldn't be in need to give permission for such a selling of my profile).

just asking,

anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

I don't seem to see much of an issue with indexstats these days, SDN just seems plain slow. Two options thoug:

1. Block site at your firewall if you have such a thing installed on your computer

2. You can edit the hosts file to redirect Internet addresses:

On windows systems it's usually at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

just open it with notepad, you should see a line:

127.0.0.1      localhost

Copy and paste it to a new line to create an entry for any site or domain as as follows:

127.0.0.1      www.site_to_block.com

127.0.0.1 is a special loopback address which results in redirecting all outgoing communications the given address back to your own machine which doesn't respond (unless you have a web server running on it). This is also very fast since nothing goes out onto the net.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mike,

thx for your comment. of course I have long adopted my hosts file to take care of google-analytics and indexstats.

actually, i just wanted to spark a little discussion about that issue (which I wasn't very sucessful with).

IMHO, I want a site which I use regularly, like SDN, to analyze usage and draw conclusions with respect to usability, hot spots and so on. I just wonder why a large operator like SAP has to outsource this to sites which I either don't know (indexstats; which appears obscure to me because of their poor PR) or don't trust(google). They should be able to implement analysis tools themselves and that way stand to their privacy statement promises.

just my 2 cents. Happy 2008,

anton

Answers (0)