Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULE for Batch Process

rameshjaiswal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am uploading the Excise detials in J1ID via LSMW (Background Batch), But once i process the same it starts. I want to make an schedule for the Batch i.e. today evening at 11 PM. Can anybody sugesst the same.

also if i required to schedule the same after completion of first process then whats the issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You can schedule background jobs in two ways from the Job Overview:

Call Transaction SM36

Assign a job name. Decide on a name for the job you are defining and enter it in the Job Name field.

Set the job’s priority, or "Job Class":

High priority: Class A

Medium priority: Class B

Low priority: Class C

In the Target server field, indicate whether to use system load balancing.

For the system to use system load balancing to automatically select the most efficient application server to use at the moment, leave this field empty.

To use a particular application server to run the job, enter a specific target server.

If spool requests generated by this job are to be sent to someone as email, specify the email address. Choose the Spool list recipient button.

Define when the job is to start by choosing Start Condition and completing the appropriate selections. If the job is to repeat, or be periodic, check the box at the bottom of this screen.

Define the job’s steps by choosing Step, then specify the ABAP program, external command, or external program to be used for each step.

Save the fully defined job to submit it to the background processing system.

Release the job so that it can run. No job, even those scheduled for immediate processing, can run without first being released.

Arthur.

rameshjaiswal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Arthur C,

Please confirm the varient or ABAP Program. I didnt know any program name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after creation of batch session ask basis consultant to put it for shceduling as per your requirement.