cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCODE - $SYNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what $SYNC tcode is used for? I know that it is used for deleting the contents of the buffered tables. But under what circumstances are the contents of buffered tables deleted?

Thanks,

-Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

S0004647611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Be carefull running this in your productive BW, especcially when dataload is going on.. Why ? When generating dim's and sid's the NRIV numberranges are buffered before committing to db. So when loading data and executing $sync you take the risk of data inconsistency !

Kind regards, Patrick Rieken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is recommend to reset the buffers using Transaction $SYNC. If the extract structure change is not communicated synchronously to the server where delta records are being created, the records are written with the old structure until the new structure has been generated.

Regards-

Siddhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry, Thanks for the reply. Actually, one of my colleague had applied a note 875825 and since then my colleague is unable to work with Transport Connection tab in RSA1. Upon clicking Transport Connection, the system throws him out of RSA1.

We raised an OSS message for the problem and we were asked to run the TCODE $SYNC. Want to know how safe it is to execute the TCODE and will losing the contents of the buffered tables cause any problem in the future?

Thanks,

-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

IFAIK, it only clears caches, so everything will work slower for some time. I haven't met negative consiquences of this TCODE.

It's only my IMHO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issues. You can run it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, it flushes all caches.

It's often used when you see that something wrong, and think that the reason is data caching.