cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time business functionality using SAP Xi and hardware included????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am quite new to sap-xi. i have practised some of the scenarios that can be done with xi.

I was just trying to visualise some of the real time business requirements where SAP XI is used.

For example

Some may have used Sap XI to transform data between file server and SAP system or may a web serve asking for details from sap system to display datas or some times sap xi systems sits betweem an integration server (like biztalk etc) and sap system.

Can anyone of you can give me some of the real time requirements you have dealt with over the years

in terms of business functionality and servers involved in the whole system?

Thanks

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Various scenario's:

FILE-FILE

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

XML to PDF

/people/divya.vidyanandanprabhu/blog/2005/06/28/converting-xml-to-pdf-using-xi

Work with BPM

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

File to IDOC

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

RFC using BPM

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

HTTP to RFC

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

IDOC to JMS

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2007/09/26/an-approach-to-handle-total-record-counts-in-idoc-to-jms-scenarios

/people/sudheer.babu2/blog/2007/01/18/asyncsync-communication-using-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp-19

• Pls : Reward points if helpful

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

There can be verious scenarios and business requirements:

For example

1) Sending file from one system to different legacy system but need some transformation of data so that can be taken care in XI.

2) Sending file from one system to SAP system so in this case it will be file to IDOC and vice versa.

3) If u wanted transfer the data between two R3 system then u can go with proxy to proxy scenario with again the data manuplication in XI.

4) If u wanted to get the response from the R3 end suppose u r getting the company code through file and u need to get the compnay detail from R3 for that company conde then u can go with FIle->RFCrequest RFC response->file.

5) Then there can be a scenario with webservices similar to RFC but in this case the response is coming for Webserver.

There can be many business requirement and scenarios which we can think about and can be done in XI.

Thnx

Chirag