cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle multiple texts from database

Former Member
0 Kudos

am doing a scenario jdbc to idoc.

in database i have 3 different texts and in idoc there is a field for populating this texts under a unbounded segment.

how can i do this? do i need a UDF to create? if yes, can some one give the UDF, plz.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Still ur requirement is not clear can u pls give a example with input text and output result which u wanted

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

in database i have text1, text2 text 3 as 3 different flds.

in idoc under a 0....99999 segment, i have only 1 fld for texts.

so i understand that i have 2 create 3 multiple segemnts.am i right.

in that case i guess an UDF is req.

plz let me know ur thoughts

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Now again its depends upon ur requirement whether u wanted to concatenate the three text value and map it to one idoc text field or u wanted to generate the IDOC segment accordingly the text field which is coming form the input end.

If u wanted to concatenate then u can use the con std function and map that output to text field of IDOC.

Now r u sure that u wil be having only three text always at the source and there always be the corresponding three text field at the Target side if this is ur requirement then u can right click on target segment say dublicate segment and generate three target segment and map the three text field one by one to each of the text field of the target IDOC text field.

Hope this is clear to u.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

chirag,

Good . I never knew that i can duplicate the entries while mapping itself.

my req is ..i have 2 create 3 diff fields or segments in idoc.

But then, doing so... can I end up with an idoc that can have 3 segments created when i look into sap?

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes u will able to see the three IDOC segments in the R3 end but the occurance of that segment should be unbounded.

Still wanted to confirm ur always getting the three text fields only or more than that also.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, only 3 text fields. because my database has only 3 text flds.

and for unbounded... when i duplicated twice... i got them as 0..9999.

so hope this is correct and i can do the mapping.

thanks

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now everything is clear...u just dublicate the target IDOC segment three times and mapp all the text filed to the text field of that IDOC segment.

It will resolve ur problem and solve ur requirement.

Thnx

Chirag

Reward if its really helpful.

Answers (0)