cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup window

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am working on Popup... i want to show popup whenever user click on the button provided in form, in Popup the user will be shown one instructution text. For this i did in this way:

I created one form in that one button in this i define custom action:

Action name: Popup_view

Apply to:Self

validation: Element

The link from Form which is connecting to my Popup view i selected event as: Popup_view.

In Popup view i have given on text field which shows the instruction text.

But when see the iview it doesnot show the POPUP window.

what would be the cause.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the second form (popup form) is created as a popup window and not a primary window?

regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need for a pop up iview (unless you want to display this message across multiple iviews and hence need to call the same iview many times).

Create a single iview with two forms. One is visible all the time, and the one with the message is visible only after clicking button in first form. Then add a button in the pop up message form that renders it invisible again.

Follow my steps in other thread to fix it like this.

If you still need to create a separate pop up iview - that is also ok and easy. You just have to make sure that you call the pop up from the first form in your primary window iview. Drag from the out port from the form where you want to open the pop and choose open pop up, then you can choose the iview you already defined to be a pop up iview.

The pop up iview needs to have a start point and an end point in addition to your form containing your message. You also need a button and an action to trigger the end point (which closes the pop up).

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Henning,

i trying the way u said , in my popUp view i hve created a form with Label and Button in that Buttion has action of close popup window and In my Popup form i have assigned START to input port of the Form and End to output port of the form.

Still my popup window not open up, i also even assingned even to the view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You did right to create two forms where one operates as a pop up message. To show or hide this you have to work with visibility conditions.

[See my answer in thread here|;

Henning