cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About XI fundamentals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to XI, i have one doubt on connectivity of existing integration.

1. I read somewhere that XI connects to existing integration solutions

through JMS and SOAP messaging, is it so.....?

2. What is JMS and SOAP messages, what is the functionality of these messages ?

3. How to integrate to existing intergration solutions using these messages??

please reply me as soon as possible,

thanx,

murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These Blogs are helpful for beginners,

Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I read somewhere that XI connects to existing integration solutions

through JMS and SOAP messaging, is it so.....?

A) XI is the middle ware tool so It can integrate Non sap system and SAP systems through variuos adapters like File,JDBC,JMS,HTTP,IDOC,EMAil,SOAP now all the adapters has their own functionality and used in different situation for example if u wanted to pick file then u go for file adapter for connecting to database u will go for JDBC adapter but it uses the SOAP messaging to interact with different systems.

2. What is JMS and SOAP messages, what is the functionality of these messages ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP, JMS is used to integrate with messaging system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/091640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Refer help for adapter information it will give u more info.

3. How to integrate to existing intergration solutions using these messages??

NOw it again depends upon client requirement, if its file to file scenario then u go for sender and receiver file adapter.

Hope i have clear ur points.

Thnx

Chirag