cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock checked-out resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm about to remove from DTR some deprecated files (checkout for delete). But it happened, that the files were checked-out by not-anymore-active users and delete is not allowed action for the resource.

Is there any way to delete the resources?

I've tried to revert open activities using DTR cmdline client (in NWDS I can't see open activities from another users) - I see the activities, but I can't get their IDs/display names - acts command truncates output. Of course I can try to find the activities in DTR Web interface and get IDs from there, but it's too time wasting operation - I have to find 20+ ids.

It's ok if proposal will cover deletion of complete workspace - I can't delete workspace because of open activities.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's your intentio you wanted to Delete entire workspace?

what actually you want to do?

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are deprecated files, which get synchronized to local folders of users. And if I could not delete those files from workspace, I could delete whole workspace and recreate it again without locked files.

As a possible scenario - I could do export of the workspace, delete it, recreate and import activities back. I believe open activities will not be part of export and I can delete any files afterwards. But I have to clean-up repository first.

Best regards,

Nick

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You can use the link :-

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/system-tools/reports/ActivityQuery

Here you can search the activities based on userid and then if you have admin authorizations you can revert all the activities from the same link. Hence you will not need to use the DTR command line client.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sidharth!

Could you please tell me more exactly how could I revert activities in the WebUI? I'm administrator, but I don't see any controls to revert an activity.

I'm using SP12.

Besr regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can revert only open activities , you cant revert closed actvities.

1)in order to revert open activities right click and revert.

2) In order to delete files in WS , check wether is there any checkin conflicts are there if so relcve it , now right click and delete the files which are not required.

hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, RK,

we're speaking about WebUI - there is no "Right click".

Best regards,

Nick

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Once you have put in the userid, you will get the complete list of open and closed activities of the user. You may restrict the list to only open activities by selecting the checkbox.

Then navigate to the activity by clicking on it and then you will find a combo box on the top right hand corner. From there you will find the Revert this activity if you login using admin user.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Sidharth!

I'm quite often use DTR WebUI and using the combobox for switching between quick links and technical details, but never seen "Revert activity" before. Now I've got the trick

Best regards,

Nick

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Glad to be of help.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (0)