cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message monitoring Status Waiting for email receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Scenario: SAP ECC will call Error Handling interface class. The communication channel for the Error Handling interface is Email Adapter.

Below is CC setting:

Adapter Type: Mail (Receiver)

Transport Protocol: SMTP

Message Protocol: XIALL

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

URL: smtp://11.11.11.111/

Check - Configure User Authentication

User : user1

Password: password

Mail Attributes:

To : send@sh.com

Subject : test

Content Encoding: base64

I encountered one problem where my email receiver status in message monitoring is always 'Waiting'. I do not know what went wrong in the setting? Does anyone know how to solve my problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this BLOG, how to deal with strucked messages

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards

Giri

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI tries 3 times before changing the status of the message to System Error. One can Manually resend the error messages by using the RESEND button in RWB. In scenarios where XI was trying to send the message to an end system that was down for maintenance, you would want XI to resubmit the message automatically without human intervention. What would be nice is to able to tune the retries like IS_Retry which is available for Integration engine.

We can achieve this by changing the retry count used by the Adapter Engine, by default its set to 3 times, 5 minutes apart. This count can be changed in Visual Admin->server->services-> SAP XI Adapter: XI.

Here change the number Retries parameter from 3 to 10 and change the retry retryInterval to around 10minutes. For these configuration changes to be picked up, restart SAP XI Adapter: XI.

please visit the blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically