cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Package for MDM and ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that Business Packages are provided for standard MDM repositories. For Custom MDM Repositories , iView Wizards are provided. This iView Wizard is leveraged by Java Teams. Is there a similar concept for ABAP teams ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Siva K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Business Packages permit SAP Portal to communicate with MDM, therefore you can create MDM standard iViews from Portal (iView Wizards). These iView are valid for standard/custom MDM repositories.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Vito

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Thanks for taking the time to show the references to MDM ABAP APIs. I have studied these how-tos and am developing applications based on the same.I am unable to clearly articulate my question.I would do some more research and work with Portal developer and see how they leverage the iView wizard and then ask a ABAP developer to see how they would do the same.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In MDM 5.5 yes there are similar APIs for ABAP.

This following link leads to a very nicely done introduction to the ABAP APIs https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/00c49ffb-e5e5-2910-73ba-c85af1da5b...

There is also some more specific requirment information in Chapter 3 of this doucment.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/00c49ffb-e5e5-2910-73ba-c85af1da5b...

Hope this helps point you in the right direction. JCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vito,

Thanks for the feedback. I understand from my Portal colleagues that they can use the iView Wizard / template to develop MDM search iviews. Those iViews I think use MDM Java APIs. I want to find out if a similar functionality exists to use MDM ABAP APIs.

Any guidance on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Siva K.