Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P_ORGINCON Authorization Value of P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have had an issue when attempting to write to the Compensation process infotype via EP.

After performing a Systems Trace the below check was shown:

INFTY=0759;SUBTY=ISA7;AUTHC=P;PERSA=;PERSG=;PERSK=;VDSK1=;PROFL=*;

As you can see AUTHC displayed a value of P

What is this value? what does it mean?

Thanks

Nathan

3 REPLIES 3

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi nathan,

does the trace specify the P value for AUTHC for every compensation plan (subtype) you select, or does it happen specifically for this one?

also, what is it exactly that is not working for you? the fact that the trace is showing a check for this P value does not necessarily mean that it's failing on this particular field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the Authorization Level. Following are the fields:

INFTY Infotype

SUBTY Subtype

AUTHC Authorization level

PERSA Personnel Area

APGRP Applicant group

APTYP Applicant range

VDSK1 Organizational Key

RESRF Personnel officer responsible for application

However, it shud have value R or M. Not sure why you have P. Can you go to the authorization data level and see the values for the role. That may give you more idea.

Rgds,

Raghu Boddu

Reward points if you find this information helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nathan,

I think for Compensation, A = Read and P= Write

I encountered the same issue and could not find any documentation in SAP help files. But on testing it appeared that IT 0758, 0759, 0760 neaded authorization A for viewing and P for Changing.

I am pretty sure that you will have to give these authorization values for you compensations links to work. R, M, W will not help for these infotypes

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by: jayaroop gullapalli on Dec 24, 2007 9:49 AM