cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probblems Net Weaver Developer Studio (NWDS) caused by Internet Explorer 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I figured out that the view designer in NWDS does not work properly.

It managed to draw a preview of a view but after a change the preview desappeared and I sow a window with the message: "The browser cannot display the webpage" and so on.

After hours of searching I figured out that the update from 2007-12-15/16 of Internet Explorer changed the IE7 and made the view designer not to work properly.

I've unistalled the update and now I can work back againd with NWDS.

I've checked 3 versions of NWDS, namely 2.0, 7.0 SP09, 7.0 SP10, and all of them have the same problems.

My conclusion: SAP shouldn't rely on such system and IE dependant elements in NWDS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The given update is the "Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer" - KB942615 [link|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615].

I does "break" the WD Layout visualization in NWDS, working under Windows XP or Vista.

Cheers

Marlo Simon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In another [thread |; Armin reichelt answered something that IE 7 is unsupported.

Not really a satisfying answer if I have to go back to IE 6 or to uninstall some security patches...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Witek,

Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I get the same problem updating the new patch for Explorer 7.

- Does SAP know about this problem already?

- Does anyone know if this problem can be fixed?

- Shall I rollback my Internet Explorer 7 update? This shouldn't be the solution.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- SAP knows about this problem already.

- Does anyone know if this problem can be fixed?

The only solution I know is to rollback the IE 7 update - it is a security update, so it's not a perfect solution.

It would be better for SAP to get rid of embedded IE frames to avoid such surprises in the future.

Best regards,

Witek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you create a Customer Message for this problem, so SAP can investigate and maybe fix it in the next release of NWDS?