Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to remove a manually inserted tcode from the role. Its not showing up in S_TCODE object butis present in "Authorization check for trasaction start ". From this how can I remove the tcode?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved !! thanks for reading

0 Kudos

Nice to know!

Would you like me to delete the thread?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

No Julus.YI have a question from my answer ! (you have so many u's in ur name!!! )

Well, If by just deleting the tcode from the " Authorization check at start " is it possible to inhibit the transaction? what if instead of the tcode auth objects are added ?

Can you shed some light ? juleius

0 Kudos

Hello george,

I will need to look up the meaning of the word "inhibit" first (sorry, my English is not that good).

In the mean while, could you explain in more detail the rest of your question and what you did to solve the problem?

Cheers and enjoy the evening,

Julius / Juluis / Julus / Juleius

0 Kudos

Inhibit means to prevent , to restrict to .....

The question is further explained as follows:

The background is mainentence of the role:

1. Assume that the tcode is absent in the menu but is manually added.

2. The tcode is now deleted.

3. I now select a class and add the relevent auth object related to the tcode that was deleted9 as I have a provision ot add the auth object.

Whats the sceanario now ?

1. Am I allowed to add the auth object in the first place ? Fundamentally I opine there is a big pblm here as object comes as a tail to the tcode -so.....now please take on from here !

0 Kudos

Okay... initially, I understood that you wanted to create a role with a menu, but without any authorizations. But that is not the case, right?

Assumption: You want to create a role with authorization objects for the role but without any transaction codes (S_TCODE)?

If that is the case, then one thing which you can try as a workaround is creating a symbolic transaction which does nothing other than exit again. Give it a name which is consistent with your tcode naming convention and the role names. Then maintain SU24 with the objects and values which you want for the role, and add that symbolic transaction into the role. You can then maintain SU24 going forward for the role by maintaining the symbolic transaction.

Does that make sense for your requirement, or am I still misunderstanding your question?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Juluis,

There is only MORE understanding with your posts..and be certian we ( many are reading and learing...) are really enjoying these !

Though the answer was not to my question from a 'strict sense' It has given me an answer that answers lot of my needs!

here is the narrow need of my question.

1. I add only an Auth object in to a role...(not the tcode itself and then controling the actvtivity)

2. Will this Auth object now allow the Tcode that its realted to an access ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Juluis ..I understood you fully !!,

Thanks a ton!

0 Kudos

>

> here is the narrow need of my question.

Hello george,

The enhancements introduced with [SAP note 692110|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/692110] are most likely the narrowest solution for your requirements.

Cheers and Merry Christmas,

Julius