cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Groups - How many?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

One question related to Transport OBjects in XI.

I've one central SLD.

I've one XI in a development environment and a XI in a production environment.

I've three R3's systems, one DEV, one TST and one PRD.

In groups and targets maintenance, in my point of view I'd have 3 groups.

In DEV group I'd have my R3 DEV System and the XI DEV.

In TST group I'd have my R3 TST System and the XI DEV.

And in PRD group I'd have my R3 prd System and the XI PRD.

But I'm having some difficulties associating the TST group to my R3 TST system. Since both R3 DEV and TST have the same XI environment I'm not able to add a target pointing R3 DEV to R3 TST.

What ideas do you suggest?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you be more clear on this "Since both R3 DEV and TST have the same XI environment I'm not able to add a target pointing R3 DEV to R3 TST.

For defiining the tranports targets it's just that the BS should be denfed there.....and let us know what' the dificult you are facing here

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The group allocation is dependent on the associated integration server mentioned. It might be the case that your TST server uses your DEV XI as integration server. So you can not associate it. In your case you can have only two groups.. DEV and PRD.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for the quick response.

OK, so i will R3 DEV and R3 TST associated to XI DEV and all of them grouped into DEV group. In PRD group I'll have R3 PRD and XI PRD.

One question.... SLD only allows me to add the PRD target to the R3 DEV system.... How can I map R3DEV into R3TST?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats again tough..

You can do that since the both belong to same group.. You have to use file imports for your testings.. or if you want to move things from QA to prd.. lets not include Dev in CMS. Import objects in QA sys by file transports.. then use CMS from there..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vj and Nisar,

I've one question...

If I have R3 DEV and R3 TST in the same group DEV belonging to the same INTEGRATION_SERVER, meaning XI DEV, I won't have any target pointing R3 DEV to R3 TST, right?