Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am getting the following error while loggin on to SAP remote server -

Partner not reached

WSAEWOULDBLOCK: Resource temporarily unavailable

What could be the reason for the same? I have disabled the windows firewall. Furthur, I am unable to ping the application server.

I am a non-technical person, so what can I do to connect to the application server?

Thxs in advance

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishi,

I am at a client site and had similar issue

- when I hookup my laptop, I could connect to the SAP systems, ping servers.

- when I connect through client VPN, I could ping the servers but can not connect to the SAP systems or ssh to the servers

After lot of troubleshooting, the issue was with VPN profile. Once it was changed my issue got resolved. So I would definetely take a close look at your profile.

thanks

BMG

Edited by: Murali Godavari on Feb 6, 2008 4:27 PM

p.s: I was getting the same error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Different cause, similar issue:

On LAN (wired), and can connect to network drives, other apps, exchange(outlook) and SAPGUI to R/3 or BW.

When I dial up to ISP w/o disconnecting LAN, I can connect to network drives, other apps, exchange, but not SAP. Gives error:

connection to host 138......, sapdp01 timed out.

Component: Network interface

Method: NiPConnect

Return Code: -12.

Since internet impossible here, I have to dial-up often, but can't afford to drop SAP connection via LAN.

BTW, SAP connects fine through vpn over internet from same laptop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this same issue. I am in client site and I get this error WASEWOULDBLOCK and I cannot connect to SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found also that by reinstalling the vpn client/profile this fixed the issue of not being able to connect to remote systems via the SAP GUI. For the record the connection error encountered = WSAWOULDBLOCK: Resource temporarily not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm receiving the same error on clean installation I just did. Everything is up and running but I can't connect with my SAPgui. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically, if you can't ping the server, then it is a networking issue, or a VPN concentrator (server) configuration setting.

Many VPN servers are set to disallow pings to internal connections (reduces the chances of a denial of service attack from an outside computer).

VPN connections are also pretty notorious for not working correctly with DNS. If you are trying to connect via a name, change it to the IP address and try it again.

Hope it helps.