Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody:

I have a question... if I have :

Agency 1: Data A, B, C

Agency 2: Data C, D, E

Once I import and consolidate I get:

MDM: Data A, B, C, D, E

Well know I want to syndicate, let's say all of the registries have been modified so all of them need to be syndicated. I go to syndicator and as the new Syndication parameters I put:

Client System: Agency 1

But when I enter Syndicator, I see all of the registries, A,B,C,D,E.... even tough I did create the separated Client Systems... Is there a way for me to only syndicate what each client needs? as:

Agency 1: Data A, B, C

Agency 2: Data C, D, E

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

when you do the Item mapping while you are doing the syndication for a specific client, there is a check box "Include" (Right between the Mapping column and the Name column). If you uncheck, these fields will not be the part of the output file.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward points if this solves your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Thanks a lot for the answer, but I believe I didn't quite explain myself, with A,B,C,D I meant they are registries, not attributes or columns, so basically what I need to know is:

a) if I choose a Client, syndicate only the records that belong to that client

b) Ignore all other registries

I need to do this because maybe the Clients have a totally different structure than the MDM repository, so I shouldn't syndicate ALL Attributes of ALL registries in ALL clients

Thanks a lot for your attention

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think I understand the problem still. Can you throw more light on the same. What do you mean by regsitries?

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

When you say data A, B, C.., do you mean that you imported tables under different agencies? or different records in a table under different agencies?

What I found is, in either case, you see all records in the tables (regardless of which agency you used to import)from syndicator.

Syndicator however has implicit last run time track. Say your target system1 wants records for of UK and USA and sizes and prices. Target 2 wants USA and Europe seasons, sizes and costing. You create 2 syndication maps for these 2 sets of criteria. Any time your run deltas, it sends only based on those criteria and only changes since the last run.

You can create different outbound agencies, and keep your 2 syndicator maps separately so that you can run map from the correct agency.

Did I miss your question altogether?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"What I found is, in either case, you see all records in the tables (regardless of which agency you used to import)from syndicator."

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. By A,B,C,D,E I mean attributes of an MDM table, and they all can come from different clients.... since Client 1 has A,B,C, i wouldn't make much sense to also syndicate D and E to that client... after I have consolidated (that is, no syndication has been done yet, just import and consolidation) I get A,B,C,D,E in my MDM repository.

Then it's the time to syndicate... I can't really tell what has changed and what has not, probably because I'm handling 10000 registers and some where automatically edited via import manager (duplicated records, etc). So I have a bunch of consolidated data and two agencies.

I wouldn't like to syndicate what has not changed, but only what is new, and only where it belongs. Is there a way to do that?

I understand that, as Savitri suggests, a workaround would be to import and inmediately syndicate, so an starting point for the deltas can be generated. After that, I can start consolidating and manipulating data via MDM client right?

I really want to separate data from agencies, and identify which client data belongs to.

Thanks everyone

Alejandro